Oracle Apps DBA
- Job ID: FA-0100-471
- Open Since: 2019-10-04 06:19:17
- City: Seattle
- State: Washington
- Country: USA
Frontend Arts brings together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers gain competitive advantage. We are continuously evolving how we work and how we look at business challenges, so we can continue to deliver measurable, sustainable solutions to our clients.
US Citizens / GC are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for self-motivated "Oracle Apps DBA" with excellent communication and customer service skills, who can:
- Provide advanced technical expertise in installation, configuration, and administration of Oracle databases in clustered environment on IBM-AIX, HP-UX, and Sun Solaris platforms.
- Provide hands-on administration of Real Application Cluster (RAC), Backup and Recovery, Oracle Dataguard, Golden Gate, OEM, and other advance database features and tools.
- Perform data administration using database commands and utilities including exp/imp, expdp/impdp, SQL Loader and ensure data security by using masking, redaction, TDE and similar tools and techniques.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for database performance tuning and SQL tuning to deliver sub-seconds response time.
- Apply hands-on expertise and advanced skills while supporting mission critical databases with the goal of resolution time and restoration of services under 90 minutes and identifying the root cause.
- Review code with emphasis on logical and physical data modeling and ensuring deployment in production and non-production environments is done with minimum defect density.
- Minimum Experience: 10 Yrs
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring, capacity planning, supporting, and automating Oracle databases in RAC environment with a high volume of transactions per day in IBM-AIX, HP-UX, and Sun Solaris platforms while ensuring that databases are SOX.
- Designing, deploying, administering, and supporting RAC, Backup, and Recovery using RMAN, SRDF, Clone, Snaps and BCVs, Dataguard database and OS tools and leverage for DC migration, Golden Gate for Active-Active setup and Big Data replication, and OEM and its reporting to ensure ongoing availability of mission critical applications.
- Conducting bulk data migration using database utilities including exp/imp, expdp/impdp, SQL loader, transportable table space, and OS based tools including SRDF to minimize outage for data migration while ensuring data security by applying advance TDE, masking, and redaction features.
- Conducting performance tuning on OLTP (On-line Transaction Processing) databases larger than 30TB to deliver sub-second response time while applying OS tuning, SQL profiles, and baseline and optimizing Access Paths and Joins tools and techniques.
- Performing logical and physical data modeling for code review and code deployment in production and non-production environment with minimum defect density.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering