Big Data Engineer with Java Exp
- Frontend Arts Inc
- Mountain View, CA
- Job ID: FA-01-000017-000028
- Open Since: Mar 17, 2020 10:00 PM
Frontend Arts brings together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers gain a competitive advantage. At Frontend Arts, we are continuously evolving how we work and how we look at the business challenges, so we can continue to deliver measurable, sustainable solutions to our clients.
We are looking for a self-motivated "Big Data Engineer with Java" with excellent communication and customer service skills.
Key Skills:web application, REST services, backend data integrations in AWS, SQL, AWS, Hive, kafka, spark and RDBMS systems, data integrations, Eloqua, SDLC, no-SQL , Mongo, Cassandra, unit testing, performance testing, marketing tech stack
- Minimum Experience: 8 Yrs
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead end-to-end efforts to design, develop, and implement data movement and integration processes in preparation for analysis, data warehousing, or operational data stores.
- Troubleshoot, optimize, and tune performance of ETL processes and analytics queries
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Create new metrics and develop tools for monitoring and reporting
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Partner with other team members to apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 85-90% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Provide post production support.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Experience with Agile Development and SCRUM methodologies
Additional Job Details:
- 8+ years experience developing web application, REST services, and backend data integrations in AWS
- Strong experience with Java, SQL, AWS, Hive, kafka, spark and RDBMS systems is mandatory.
- Experience creating data model and building data integrations for tools like Eloqua.
- Experience building complex software programs and applications for acquisition, processing, and management of massive quantities of data using Java is a MUST.
- Develop and implement algorithms for data processing and manipulation tasks (e.g., cleaning, parsing, sorting, ranking)
- Experience with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and highly available web applications and backend systems.
- Experience creating and developing complex queries in Hive using SQL
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with no-SQL systems such as Mongo, Cassandra.
- Experience with unit testing, performance testing.
- Experience with marketing technologies and the marketing tech stack.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.